Heart Rate Zones – Show highlights include:
- The magic formula for finding your maximum heart rate especially if you have no data ([2:22])
- Why intense workouts will backfire on you if you’re trying to decrease your body fat, lower your blood pressure, or lower your cholesterol ([4:30])
- How to “trick” your body into building new blood vessels to increase your heart and lung capacity and endurance ([5:49])
- The heart rate zone secret for giving yourself an unfair mental advantage when you’re training ([9:30])
- Why not understanding your heart rate zones will sabotage your fitness goals ([10:46])
- 3 key heart rate features to look out for before buying a fitness watch ([11:51])
- The biggest mistake you’re making if you wear any kind of heart rate tracking technology ([15:35])
The most important thing you can do to amplify your competitive success is focus on your nutrition. I created the Competition Nutrition Guide to help you maximize your performance. Get your free copy at http://CompetitionNutritionGuide.com.
If you’re ready to become the best version of yourself, head over to https://RedHNutrition.com to find the best supplement solution for you. And you can save 20% with the coupon code PODCAST20 at checkout!
HEART RATE ZONES FOR TRAINING:
To find your max heart rate without a watch or device, subtract your current age from 220 (age-220).
- Zone 1: Very light, 50 percent to 60 percent of MHR (max heart rate)
- Zone 2: Light, 60 percent to 70 percent of MHR – easy conversational pace
- Zone 3: Moderate, 70 percent to 80 percent of MHR – short sentences can become difficult
- Zone 4: Hard, 80 percent to 90 percent of MHR – sustainable at lower end of 80%, most HIIT workouts hover here
- Zone 5: Very hard, 90 percent to 100 percent of MHR – all out, can’t sustain for more than 60 seconds